Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hold up! Wait a minute! Let me put my two cents in it!

Goal: To get the blogging world up to speed on my life since last Tuesday without having them pass out from boredom.

As advised, I sent my email off to a social marketing firm in hopes of moving in, like OSU men's basketball team did to the Final Four. Well, sorry guys and gals no return message & if you didn't hear the men's basketball team got SPANKED in the last quarter.

Thus, my plans that I had set aside in my bottom dresser drawer began to knock on my head and that infamous light bulb flashed on. 


 (Jacked from FreakingNews.com) 

If I don't have enough on field experience, I'll make myself go through every step taught in those intriguing communication classes. I'm going to break out of my shell and push forward with my own social marketing business aimed at clubs, lounges and bars. 

In the past couple of months I have had simple aspects of the business completed. For example, I had illustration work for the logo and font of the business name by Matthew Spurlock, the hiralous but lovable ginger. Go check out http://www.oddbehaviors.com/ for a look inside his cabeza. 

P.S. NO MORE FREE PLUGS MATT! 

Anyway, drama with my first piece in The Lantern caused me to speak with the Moscato over the weekend.

First off Jared Anderson is an amazing PIERCER. So way to editors at The Lantern for discrediting me as a writer!

Secondly, I understand that edits need to be made to fit the college paper format, however I had no idea they had THAT much editorial power.  

Furthermore, the misprint caused Jared to rant and rave on my cell over the weekend until I finally turned off my phone. There was nothing I could do but to apologize for a mistake I DIDN'T commit.

Thus, trying to edit my "Ringside Cafe" piece it getting put on the back burner.

Hopefully, this week turns out to be a little more positive.

Signing off with a half way smile :/,

-Caitlin





No comments:

Post a Comment